Located only a twenty-minute drive from V.C. Bird International Airport, Palm Point is easily accessible. Our guests are offered VIP airport fast-track service to speed up the arrival process and private airport transfers can be arranged on request.
Antigua is well served with direct flights from a number of carriers:
- American Airlines from New York JFK and Miami International
- Jet Blue is due to launch a new non-stop service from New York JFK in November 2015
- United Airlines from Newark
- American Eagle from San Juan
- Delta from Atlanta
- U.S. Airways from Charlotte
- Air Canada from Toronto
- British Airways and Virgin Atlantic from London Gatwick
- Thomas Cook Airlines from Manchester
- Condor from Frankfurt, Germany
There are also good connecting flights via New York, Miami and San Juan from Bologna, Milan and Rome with Alitalia and from Finland with Finnair.
Alternatively guests may wish to arrive by yacht or cruise ship, arriving in Heritage Quay, Nelson’s Dockyard, Falmouth Harbour or into Barbuda on the south side of the island. Customs and immigration now operate at all ports of entry. Transfers from any of these ports can be arranged.
Thanks to its small size and good roads, Antigua is an easy island to get around. When renting the villa, our team is on hand to arrange any transportation around the island that you may need, including advising on car rental options.
TRAVEL TIPS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
- Time Zone – GMT -4
- Currency – The official currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar, which is fixed to the US$. US currency, major credit cards and travellers checks are also welcome
- Tipping and Gratuities – These are usually the same as the US at around 10-15% depending on the service. Some hotels or restaurants will automatically add 10%
- Medical – There are several general practitioners and specialists on the island, a hospital and a private clinic. Vaccinations are not necessary unless the visitor is arriving from an endemic area
- Personal Safety – Palm Point is an entirely secure property, with full-time security staff on duty at all times. Antigua is relatively crime free, but exercise normal precautions during your stay.